Looking for a cool project?
screenPLAY is a film program designed especially for Cairns’ young filmmakers.
Applications are open to kids aged 8-15 who love filmmaking and would like to see their work shown on the BIGSCREEN. All entries will be screened at the Cairns Children’s Festival at the Tanks Arts Centre on Sunday 17 May and automatically entered into the Understory Film Festival that will be presented at CPAC on Saturday 7 November.
It’s a great opportunity to let your imagination run wild! Is your film scary or funny, serious or true, is it about music or is it about somebody or something special in your life? Whatever it is we want to show your stories to the people of Cairns.
The Cairns Children’s Festival was introduced in 2014 to celebrate all things creative for and by children. The Understory Film Festival has been developed to encourage filmmakers in the Cairns and Far North Queensland region to create a short film to enter a competition for awards and prizes.
Have some fun and give it a go! We’d love you to be a part of the screenPLAY mini film festival where you can showcase your talent and share your stories on the BIGSCREEN in a true cinema setting.
Rules for submitting your film:
1. Films submitted to screenPLAY must be made by kids. Having an adult supervise is allowed but the film must be conceived and created mostly by kids.
2. Films will be categorised into two age groups: 8-11 year olds and 12-15 year olds so please make sure your age is written on the application form.
3. Films must be suitable for kids or teenagers within the age range of 2-15 years old.
4. Music used within the film must abide by all copyright laws.
5. Films must be no longer than 5 minutes including titles and credits.
6. Films can be submitted as either a downloadable Vimeo link (720p or 1080p), or delivered as mov or mp4 files on a USB to the Cairns Botanic Gardens Visitor Centre.
7. Films must be submitted with an application form, download the form here. ( PDF, 0.56 MB )
Deadline for submitting films is Monday 4 May 2020
Please submit your entries either in person to the Botanic Gardens Visitor Centre or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org