Coronavirus update: We wish to reassure all ticket buyers that full refunds will be given for any or all performances which may be cancelled. Read more

Photo & Film Shoots

Tanks Arts Centre welcomes commercial photography and filming, and we offer access to the site through an easy permit process.  A permit is needed for all commercial photography and filming at the Tanks Arts Centre as well as all Council land, such as roads, parks, reserves and beaches.

Commercial filming includes advertisements, feature films, TV or internet drama, documentaries, educational films, Government-sponsored filming and tourism promotions.

Commercial photography includes images for magazines, postcards, commercial websites, promotional material, books and advertisements and the commercial photography of private events, including professional wedding photography.

Applications are considered on a case-by-case basis.  Allow 7-days for non-exclusive use permits and up to 14 days for exclusive use permits.

You do not need a permit for non-commercial activities.

Further details of fees and permit requirements are outlined on the Commercial Filming application form